Personal Development Journey
A few years back when I began myJourney one of the main reasons I did so was because I was frustrated that life wasn’t turning out how I thought it should. Mainly in the area of wealth.
I went to school, got a good job, found my partner in life, bought a house and we had two kids! Sound familiar?
So why did we always seem to struggle with our finances? Mostly, the reason I found which attributed to this was because in school, we are not taught to create wealth, rather, we are taught to finish school, work hard at a good job and then retire.
Today, schools do not offer to teach us about investing in property or the stock market or even building a profitable business. In fact, most of the CEO’s of large corporations today were high-school drop-outs.
One who comes to mind is Larry Ellison, the CEO of The Oracle. Larry, who at that time was the second richest man on the planet, was invited to give a speech to the graduating class of 2000 at Yale University. Basically, he told them that Diplomas are for Losers. A transcript of his speech is a must read.
Hopefully, the archaic 19th Century school system will change. In the meantime, using wealth strategies to create a passive financial income, from people who already have a PhD in results is easier than you think.
How I went about attracting wealth was to hunt around and find some books. There was no shortage of information in the personal development and wealth creation section at the bookshops and I found that it was difficult to choose one teacher. Over time, I came to realise that all the proclaimed Self Help teachers were teaching the same concept from their own experiences. There was only one message and that is:
You create your reality; what you think about comes about.
This relates to every aspect of your life including:
- Family Lifestyle,
- Where you live,
- Where you work, and
- Your circle of friends.
One thing that I found very, very useful to help with my thoughts was a routine which I learned while attending some Master Mind meetings. A group of like minded people having regular meetings to support one another with any challenges we had in reaching our desired goals. It went something like this.
Daily Operating Procedures
First thing every morning I follow this routine set out below and read my “I” affirmations.
Prioritise my to-do list – based on my goals.
- I commit to doing my A’s (most important) regardless of the time it takes to do them. Huge tasks get allocated no more than an hour.
- I touch tasks one time and then complete them.I don’t let distractions take me off what I am doing.
- I make all decisions swiftly, either yes, no or more information required.
- I am the cause of my day and whatever enters my mind is by my own doing.
- I choose to put into my mind only those things which will further me to reaching my goals.
- I do not get entangled in small games and worthless arguments that rob me of money, time or attention.
Next, read my goals, maybe while walking around, rebounding etc.
Right before reading my goals, I will concentrate my thoughts for at least 5 minutes on making $10,000 a month and to achieve it by following this plan:
1. Educating myself daily by:
- Cultivating my goals daily
- Daily Self-Improvement
2. Promoting my business daily by:
- Offering my services to help others
3. Being effective by:
- Connecting with people
- Setting appointments
- Daily training
Use these efforts to produce the following results.
- All expenditure is to get me to $10,000 a month.
- No toys or hobbies.
- Buy only assets that build the business and assets that produce a passive income.
- I will attract to myself the business partners that will make my goals a reality because of my willingness to contribute to others.
This is only the beginning. Once this goal is reached, then it’s doubled and so on by duplicating what you have already done and the results achieved.
What are some of the things you include in your daily routine? Do you follow a similar one to this or is there something else which has helped you to achieve your goals?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Improve Your Life with Time Management (ismckenzie.com)
- The Joy of Solving Problems (stevepavlina.com)